Off Yonder


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
July 10th 2008
Published: July 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Night viewsNight viewsNight views

Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament
As the ferry cruised into Holyhead in Wales and we caught sight of the sun glistened rolling hills, we thought that we had escaped the summer rain for good, but by the time our train pulled into London those hopes were dashed as we were once again immersed in thick rain. Our spirits weren’t dampened though, as the promise of sunny lazy days in Croatia looms ever closer, and we were now one step closer on the journey ...

London was the first pit stop on our trip; a chance to catch up with friends and family for a final goodbye, and to ship all our excess accumulated belongings back to Aussie (yes, there is even more stuff coming your way Adam!)

We had time for a bit of sightseeing, visited friends and bunked in with a very generous Cynthia! We went and lived the country life for a couple of days staying with mum in Staffordshire. Here the peacocks roamed freely, congregating on the roof and cheekily peered in at us through the kitchen windows.

All too soon it was back to London, and time to pack our bags again.
And so the journey begins ...



Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

BeefeaterBeefeater
Beefeater

Guarding the Tower of London
FarewellsFarewells
Farewells

With Cynthia, Gayle and the two Daves
Golden Jubilee BridgeGolden Jubilee Bridge
Golden Jubilee Bridge

Dave & Cynthia on the bridge


20th July 2008

Blighty
Guys, can't belive that it is now over a year since we were in Nepal/Tibet/China and still the party is rolling on for you both - great work indeed!! Be sure to keep us posted as it adds a bit of colour to a dull day in the office. Safe travels ...

Tot: 0.417s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 37; qc: 151; dbt: 0.2429s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.5mb