Final Day Of Tour...


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
September 9th 2005
Published: October 29th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Myself & ArtyMyself & ArtyMyself & Arty

Finishing off on the Ferry the exact same way we met... Ok I lied, we didn't share a bottle of wine, we had our own!! hehe!
Caught the bus into town and made our first stop Anne Franks House. Really wanted to see that as I plan on reading the book when I get back home.

Arty, Rohan and I met up and had a drink later before checking out one of the many sex shops, some very interesting stuff!!! We wanted to find the supermarket one!! But didn’t managed to unfortunately! Hehe!!

Rohan and I headed off to do the Heineken Experience and see just how many of the free beers we could skull in the shortest amount of time… which turned out to be not many!!

They have a think on the highways called ‘Auto Barn’ where you can go as fast as you like on certain parts of the highway, ours taxi did over 160km/hr and I have to say I was a bit freaked out…

We then headed back into town, had the best dinner with steak!!! Very rare around these parts! We take it fro granted how good and cheap the food is at home. Had a couple of glasses of wine and good company!

We then went to the river in Amsterdam for our ‘not the booze cruise’. We managed to drink heaps, and dance and took many many pictures since I’d been sack at taken them throughout Europe.

Decided to continue the party at the hotel. We all danced, danced and danced with good music and friends knowing that the next day it was all going to be over.

We all called it a night at just after 1am all hot and sweaty and ready to sleep!

Got up the next morning and you could feel that the mood had changed. It’s weird it’s all coming to an end… mix of good and bad feelings.

Leaving Amsterdam behind us and the getting asked if you’d like cocaine or heroin on the streets was tough!! Hehe!!

We saw another contiki bus on the highway, they started a war between our buses by driving past our bus with signs on the windows saying ‘Your Tour Manager Is Shagging Your Driver’ which we found offensive as we knew our driver and manager weren’t gay!!

Murray sang us ‘Leaving on a jet plane’ when they drove past us again as they pretended that they were rowing their bus past ours… in the end, we thought we’d finish the competition once and for all so we closed all of the red curtains on the bus with Matt standing in the only open one in nothing but a g-string dancing with a sign that said ‘Red Light District’. It was the bomb!! They came back past our bus lying across the top of the seats pretending to be flying - it was crap, they’ve got nothing!! They should have just admitted defeat!

Ryan, our driver, got on the mike and said tanks and goodbye to everybody. He was teary and said that he’d got a call from the contiki office the night before saying that they were making him redundant as 1 of 60 drivers as of May next year as they can no longer get insurance for those that aren’t on EU passports. Such a shame, he’s such a beautiful person. He said he was glad he had a group like ours as he may not get another 34 days tour before he finishes.

Caught the ferry back across to the White Cliffs of Dover, Arty and I made sure we finished the tour the way we started it, sharing bottles of wine and eating the same things....

Got back to London late, feels weird a mix of sadness and relief!

After a couple of drinks and my final goodbyes I headed to the train with all my baggage since contiki staff suck and wouldn’t store anything for more than a day - which I don’t think that’s exactly what it says on their website!

Managed to get a cab and make it to my hotel, where I had to drag my bag up more flights of stairs!!

Finally made it to bed and sleep by about 2am….



Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

Gary & MarieGary & Marie
Gary & Marie

The Worlds Greatest Couple!


Tot: 0.303s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 12; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0901s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb