London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
October 31st 2007
Published: November 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well London was a bit colder than Santorini!

We saved a lot of money by staying with Annas uncles family in the little village of Colney Heath. So each day we commuted via the subway into the city.

Our first day we decided to jump on one of the big double-decker red bus tours to get a bit of an overview. It was well worth it! Apart from being a little chilly, we got to see all the main sights.....Leicester Square, Trafalgar Square, Buckingham Palance, London Bridge, London Tower, Hyde Park and lots of other little bits of info too like where the whos who of the rich and famous live, or where the beatles recorded certain songs, and the list goes on!

The next day we went to Buckingham Palace to see the changing of the guards. We didnt quite expect the crowds that were there - in fact the crowd was nearly as interesting to watch - especially when we couldnt really see much else! But we did manage to squeeze our way up through to see some of the proceedings in the end.
From Buckingham Palace we wondered through one of the nearby parks, which was full of overly friendly squirrels, towards London tower. We arrived at London tower in time for the free tour given by one of the resident Beefeaters. He was pretty hard case, and had many gorey stories to tell of all the goings on inside the tower walls (plenty of beheadings, torture). We also managed to see the crown jewels.

Our last day in London city we wondered along to Harrods, Hamleys toy store, and checked out Oxford St.

A trip to Stonhenge was also on the cards. It was pretty comical that it was just in the middle of a paddock right next to the highway though.

Next stop New York


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Anna getting friendly with the wildlifeAnna getting friendly with the wildlife
Anna getting friendly with the wildlife

A squirrel in central London
One of the "Beefeaters" at the Tower of LondonOne of the "Beefeaters" at the Tower of London
One of the "Beefeaters" at the Tower of London

22 years of exemplorary Military service gets you a nice red outfit and an apartment to live in inside the Tower.


Tot: 0.252s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0759s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb