London Day Three


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
June 15th 2007
Published: June 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Tower of London, Buckingham Palace, London Eye



We got up and went straight away to the Buckingham Palace to see the changing of the guards. There were way too many people to see anything. We found out that the reason there were so many people was because the Queen was in town to celebrate her birthday. Thanks for the invite, Liz! We walked around the other side to the park and we ended up getting an even better view of the guards leaving. Michelle and I found this war memorial dedicated to animals in war hilarious and Carissa thought we were mean.

We went to the Tower of London and saw the crown jewels and diamonds. As we were walking around, Carissa saw this kid walk and she insisted that he was famous. We waited outside of the building he went inside and when he came out Carissa asked him if he was from a Disney movie or something. Turns out he wasn’t and he just thought we were out of our minds. We went to this outdoor market where they had so much cute stuff. Michelle and I got boring Indonesian food. On our way to the London Eye, which is this huge Ferris wheel, we got crepes with nutella. So delicious. Michelle was pretty scared to get on the Eye, because it’s the world’s tallest Ferris wheel. The views were amazing. Carissa thought she saw the Eiffel tower, which would be physically impossible. We walked across some bridges and bought some really cute earrings. When we finally found London Bridge, Carissa said, “This looks lame as hell.” We also walked past some magicians who were performing on the street and one of them swallowed an entire balloon. Carissa thought that was impressive enough to give him money. On the way home we walked through a few stores and bought some wine. We played phase 10 until very late. Some guys ended up coming to sit by us and wanted to talk about U.S politics. This old woman who sat by us at breakfast a few days and who Carissa spilled yogurt on came down when we were playing cards and listened to us explain how we were related. We were joking that she was Carissa’s new best friend.


Advertisement



19th July 2007

ba
i also swallow balloons.
13th February 2008

Defending myself!
You and Michelle get all excited about a half of luggage cart stuck in a wall because it has something to do with Harry Potter but when it comes to recognizing animals in war you laugh at me... well I stand by my animal war memorial! And whatever Buckingham/Birmingham close enough : ) Palaces should have fountains anyways! This journal is great and makes me want to go back... WELL without the huge ass bags, long lines, crowds to stub my toe, sweating non stop, getting lost every 5 seconds (once in awhile in a dark shady dirt road), almost going to jail and all the other issues : ) But for real you're doing a great job writing this and I can't wait for more!
18th February 2008

Amanda this is so much fun to read. You are an awesome writer! Your detailed descriptions make me feel like I was there with you guys. I can't wait to read some more!!

Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0365s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb