City tour & Madame Tussauds


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
July 15th 2007
Published: July 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Sunday - we slept in a bit and had our breakfast at 10am. After that, we went on a double-decker bus tour of the city, which was informative and a lot of fun. The weather was pretty good while we were on the bus, and of course it starting raining whenwe got off.
We tried to have lunch at the original Hard Rock Cafe, but the wait was too long. So we headed to Madame Tussauds wax museum. The place was so packed it was almost hard to enjoy it - but the figures were amazing. The kids did some 'pretend you are on Big Brother' thing - they'll have to explain it. No one would pose for any pictures with the wax celebrities!
Had another decent dinner (best hamburger I've had here!). A little rest, then back out to the Tower of London at 9:30pm for the Ceremony of the Keys. This has all the pomp and circumstance of the tower guards securing the Tower and the Crown Jewels: marching guards, challenges from sentries, handing over of the keys, etc. Everyone thought it was quite cool.
A little trouble getting back to our hotel as there were some signal problems at several underground stations, but we transferred to a bus to get us to another station, then back to the hotel around 11pm.
Tomorrow, more London!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0266s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb