Rants about the British


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
June 19th 2007
Published: June 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

So just a quick note about the people here... NOBODY likes us! We have met so many mean and completely unhelpful British people. Not saying that all British people don't like Americans but we have run into our fair share. Initially, we thought that nobody knew the streets around the city and that was why they kept giving us wrong directions. More and more its seeming that they really don't care if we find our destination and might even be purposely giving us misleading directions. COOOL!

The other night we were coming home from dinner and a random man in a moccasin jacket starts yelling at us from behind. We weren't even being loud for once. He tries talking to one of the guys and starts yelling about Americans and how we should keep walking until we cross the ocean. The ridiculous thing was that it was completely unprovoked. I guess some people just carry a huge chip their shoulder. There have been a few other people like that too who have yelled at us just because we are American. Its so ridiculous, very few people at home would just randomly start something with a foreigner just because they weren't from the U.S. If it was provoked at least I could rationalize that. I understand that if there are a big group of people are walking around together it gets annoying for other people, but half of the time this isn’t the case.

Sidenote: I went to Burger King the other day which has been my home away from home as far as food goes. Some of the sandwiches might even be better than in the U.S. Good thing we walk so much so I can work of the Burger King hah. BAD PART: They only give you 1 ketchup packet. You ask more and they will give you one and after that its 10 pence a packet (20 cents). RIDICULOUS! If you know me at all, I am not very happy with this ketchup situation and I'm questioning how I'm going to survive in this ketchup famine ridden city.



Advertisement



20th June 2007

Ketchup
That is horrible about the ketchup packets! You packed your own bottle though right? Here they give you a tiny dollop of ketchup too. Occasionally we hear people whispering about us and sometimes the merchants are very rude too! Usually if we say please and thank you a lot though they are better.

Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0469s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb