Final day of travel


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
August 7th 2019
Published: August 8th 2019
Edit Blog Post

The final day of our trip - always a strange day as you know that often it involves a great deal of travel in several forms. After a quick breakfast, we headed for a final walk around Munich before we had to sit for the journey home. We were able to see some of the churches we had missed the night before and it was great as the roads were much quieter at this time.

Heading back to the hotel to check out, we then went to the station for what would be over 9 hours on different trains. Our first journey on a German ICE train was Munich to Frankfurt airport station. The German trains were very relaxing and on time - it was great to have so much leg room. The second leg was Frankfurt to Brussels again on an ICE train seeing places like Cologne from the window. The third train was the Eurostar, which was helped by a little wine and few nibbles. Our final trip was back on GWR from Paddington to Didcot (after a quick trip on the tube) - busy train but luckily on time. The end as the start at Didcot!

This was our first experience of train travel across Europe having cruised a couple of times, it was certainly an exciting adventure and one that we would repeat again. The challenge if your train is cancelled, the lifting up and down of cases from the train in partnership and seeing some amazing scenery. The hotels selected by Tailor Made Rail were well appointed and certainly had wonderful breakfast of fruits, breads, cheese and meats, which always set us up for the day. We certainly enjoyed the pizzas, just in case you did not spot that before. The operas were amazing and makes me want to go again, this was made all the more special with our friends joining us for the Verona section. The choice of stops were brilliant and it is difficult to choose a favourite as they are all special for different reasons. I think the biggest surprise for us was Bologna as we had little idea what to expect here, but were blown away.

A fantastic holiday - I wonder where the next journey will be.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



9th August 2019

Next journey
I hope one of your next journeys will be with Little Mermaid!

Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1016s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb