Day One - Belfast to London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Whitehall
December 21st 2009
Published: December 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Day One - Belfast - London


Day One - And it begins, cry havoc



It’s early to rise and already, travelling with three laydees is a ‘challenge’. It will be a long four weeks methinks but then again it is four weeks in SE Asia just as Belfast sees snow and icy roads.

Anyhow, it’s a short hop over to Heathrow before the bags are thrown into left luggage for the day. Express into Paddington for the obligatory picture with the eponymous bear statue and the foray onto the Tube. Now I’ve been slooow at an unfamiliar ticket machine before but good God, some people are defective. How long does it take two people to top up an Oyster card? Too long and my normal sunny disposition begins to wane. Soon we are on the way though and head straight to Victoria to see if we can get matinee tickets for Wicked. Sadly, about the only day with no early performance is today so with rumbling stomachs we make for Wagamama. Top stuff.

The weather all this time is getting worse sadly. No snow but constant pissy drizzle means that sightseeing is a washout. We get past the House of Parliament, Horse Guards and up to Trafalgar Square (the pools with the fountain are frozen over at the margins) before giving up and popping into the National.

Now there is a great place, a few of those boys could paint.

Despite a quick run up to Carnaby St to enjoy the decs/atmos/shops the rain was getting worse and we binned it. Back to Heathrow instead and now we’re ready to check in...

Next note from HK.

Today’s highlights - Water Lillies, Monet style; Van Dyck (Anthony not Dick) & Angela regurgitating a gingerbread latte. And that damned Lady GaGa is still stuck in my head - its it or ‘here come the frigging Boots gurls’. Hoors.

Pictures on Flickr (or below)


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



24th December 2009

...
First! Happy christmas to you all; have a good one.
30th December 2009

Happy Chrimbo to you too sir
It was sweet - spent the day at Singapore Zoo and then larged it with an Indian curry

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 12; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0419s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb