London


Advertisement
Published: June 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Decided to try and take in a bunch of the sites of London today. Woke up about 4am (goddam jetlag) so thought we could get an early start.

Made our way through Hyde park about 6am, surprisingly there were a WHOLE bunch of freaks jogging and walking their dogs through the park at that hour.

We made our way down to Bunkingham Palace, past St James park then down to Big Ben/Parliment house, across Westminster Bridge then over to the London eye, unfortunaley this was all before 8am so nothing was open, so we spent the next hour looking for somewhere for Breakfast. Finally found a cheap place (at least it was open) on York st where we managed to get some brekky then headed off for the day.

We went up on the London Eye, which was brilliant as we got a fantastic view over London/Westminster. Luckily it was early so there was no line, we walked straight up and grabbed our tickets then walked straight onto the eye. Considering all of the cattle races i can see how it could get quite busy and the lineup could be huge at some times of the day.

After the eye we jumped on one of the open top buses that get around the place and went around to Buckingham palace for the changing of the guard ceremony. I couldnt beleive the amount of people lined up around the palace to watch the ceremony. The ceremony itself was pretty cool, although we were pretty crammed in against the gates so Bek and I were getting pretty over the number of people so bailed just before the end.

Jumped back on the bus and went around to Madam Toussauds which was pretty cool. After that we jumped back on the bus and went around to Oxford Circus and had a wander around there trying to figure out where we might stay next time so we are a bit closer to all of the theatres (going to see Wickid for my Birthday).

Jumped back on the bus again, this one had a pretty cool tour guide so that made it a bit more interesting. Jumped off at the Tower of London and caught the river cruise back down to Westminster to jump back on the bus and head home.

Anyways that was our last day for London (this time around) and we are off to Paris tomorrow.

John

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0352s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb