Visit to Regent Park


Advertisement
Published: June 2nd 2021
Edit Blog Post

Mark has a privilege day – the day after the 2nd Bank Holiday – and it usually is sunny day every year. We decided to visit Regent Park on 1st June.

Regent Park is the most memorable place for us – this is where we first went out together 26 years ago.

We strolled through rose garden, Japanese water garden, sunken garden, etc on Queen Mary’s Garden and were blessed with a wide variety of scented old roses, clematis, lavenders and colourful flowers on the water-rock garden.

Next, we walked around Boating Lake. Lots of paddle boats were out and driven by tourists – and we were greeted by a wide variety of waterfowls – herons, ducks, swans, glebes that looked very contended and pleasant under the sunny weather and in the lake surrounded by green. Quite a few people were sitting in a sun and were playing football. I was quite surprised to note that we had to pay 20p for the toilet and had to use either credit card or mobile. I didn’t bring my wallet and card, but I was fortunate to be able to meet the kind lady and Mark who offered their credit for me to access the toilet. I guess we would have to use the card or mobile to enter the toilet in London’s Royal parks like Kensington Gardens, Hyde Park, Green Park and St James Park.

We also noted that we would have to pay £2 for the deckchair per hour as of 2021 – lots of tourists seemed to avoid using them – it was free when I came to London in as a teenager.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



3rd June 2021

Wonderful flower photos
Some more wonderful photography . Especially the pink roses .

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0431s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb