Treasure Island


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Piccadilly
November 24th 2008
Published: February 10th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Tonight we went and saw Treasure Island with tickets from work. It got really bad ratings online but for Alyse and me, it was another show to say we've seen.
We got to the theater and got tickets 3 rows away from the stage and no one sat around us. It was a tiny theater so we were pretty much on the stage, once again. The show revolved around pirates and treasure, surprise surprise. It was a show pretty much geared towards kids (on Tuesdays they have dress like a pirate night) but it was still fun to watch. Alyse and I fell in love with the main character/ narrator Jim Hawkins. His real name was Michael Legge and we found out after we got home that he was actually the older Frank McCourt in the movie Angela's Ashes. Now we just have to be creepers and go stand outside the stage door one night! Kidding.
It was kind of awkward at the end of the show when the lights came up and there were maybe (seriously) 30 people in the audience (that includes the 2 balconies). The majority of the seats were empty so the actors were literally looking straight at Alyse and I awkwardly clapping. Thank goodness they didn't come out for a second bow.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.092s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb