Happy Birthday Mum!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » London City
June 24th 2006
Published: June 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Happy Bday Ma! Happy Bday Ma! Happy Bday Ma!

We baked this cake especially for you, dont eat it all at once! :-)
I know I said happy bday to my mum in the last blog, but really felt I should sing it, cos its her actual bday today, so here goes.....(you're welcome to join in)
*best 'loud' singing voice* Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday
dear Mu-um.......Happy Birthday to you!
Hippip...Hooray...Hippip...Hooray......*take a big breath* ......Well, for she's a jolly good fellow, for she's a jolly good fellow....for she's a jolly good fe-el-low....and so say all of us............and so say all of u, and so.....ok, thats probably enough. HAPPY 50TH BIRTHDAY MUM.....you dont look a day over 49 :-) *hug*

And now back to the uk.......London gave us a balmy 26 degrees sunshine filled day today so we hit the streets for the touristy stuff yet again!
We started off on the good ole tube and headed for Canary Wharf (the main reason being to pick up our bankcards for our new uk bank accounts) but had a bit of a look around too. Nice area, very new, this is where all the big banks have set up business, so you'll see many a 'suit' walking around during the week day.
Next we headed for Waterloo station (go abba)
Poser at the London EyePoser at the London EyePoser at the London Eye

Now thats a big arse ferris wheel!!!
so we could check out the london eye (in the daylight this time) its darn huge....and so was the queue to get on, so we gave it a miss considering we've been on it before, so some snaps from the ground will have to suffice!
Next we walked along the Thames towards Trafalgar Square with a quick stop off at Westminster Abbey and Buckingham Palace. So it was a good day overall, perfect weather, got sunburnt again (mickys still glowing like a beetroot from work the other day) and got some much needed exercise....although happy to report back that we've both lost weight, so we're currently winning against the old 'heathrow injection'....although, definitely not gonna start bragging, cos its highly unlikely that we'll win in the long run.
Well, we've got quite a few pics for you today, so I'll leave the story telling to a minimum. Off to Stonehenge tomorrow morning (woohoo) so will have more pics tomorrow.
Til then.....












Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Another poser at the London EyeAnother poser at the London Eye
Another poser at the London Eye

Now thats 'still' a big arse ferris wheel!!!
close up...london eye!close up...london eye!
close up...london eye!

Here's a close up so you can tell what it actually is. They can fit a fair few people in each 'egg' thing, it takes half an hour to go right round once!
Good photo?Good photo?
Good photo?

Thought this photo looked cool.....thats all!
Where's wally....Westminster AbbeyWhere's wally....Westminster Abbey
Where's wally....Westminster Abbey

Westminster Abbey...Mick is in the pic somewhere too!
Westminster Abbey AgainWestminster Abbey Again
Westminster Abbey Again

This is from the other side, not sure which side is the back and which is front, but it all looks good!
Westminster CathedralWestminster Cathedral
Westminster Cathedral

This is just up the road from the Abbey, it has a 30mt high bell tower that u can climb to check out the city views.
Buckingham PalaceBuckingham Palace
Buckingham Palace

This is me posing out the front of the Queens place...might go knock on the door and ask for a coupa!
Buckingham Palace...againBuckingham Palace...again
Buckingham Palace...again

That looks nicer doesnt it, not so many damn tourists!
Where's the guards when u need em?!?Where's the guards when u need em?!?
Where's the guards when u need em?!?

Mick posing in front of 'the mall', the main street leading up to the palace
Another nice photo?Another nice photo?
Another nice photo?

I liked this photo too. Check out the weather ey....
Trafalgar SquareTrafalgar Square
Trafalgar Square

This is how it looks in the day, as opposed to how it looks at night, whilst on a speeding bus!
On the banks of the ThamesOn the banks of the Thames
On the banks of the Thames

Its nice aint it (said with a pommy accent of-course)
more photos of the eyemore photos of the eye
more photos of the eye

You can really see how big it is in this photo, when you compare it to the size of the buildings..dont u think?


3rd July 2006

WHERE's THE PIDGEONS???
Hell when we went to Trafalgar Square there was 15 thousand damn pidgeons swooping us and I have the photos to prove it. They mentioned the London Council was going to get rid of them for health reasons, so it must have actually happened. Cheers big ears

Tot: 0.364s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 66; dbt: 0.1452s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb