London for Easter


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » London City
April 18th 2006
Published: April 18th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Houses of ParliamentHouses of ParliamentHouses of Parliament

Note the great weather!!
Hope you all had a happy Easter!!

A lot has been happening since you last heard from us. Vic's dad was over for the first week of April which was great! We've been to London and we have visitors arriving tomorrow!

We finally journeyed down south to London (the big smoke for us country settlers) via the train on Good Friday morning. As well as seeing the tourist sites, the weekend was a bit of a family reunion for the Benger's. We stayed in the suburb of Oval with Vic's cousin Amy (who also had her brothers Rick and Tony staying with her). We went into Camden town on Friday afternoon. An interesting suburb to say the least, there were plenty of alternative characters and drug dealers on the streets. We looked around the markets and had a few beers at a pub on Camden Lock. Later we had a few more beers in the suburb of Angel with Amy and a few of her friends.

Saturday was sight seeing day and we tried to fit all of "tourist" London into one day - rather difficult!! We started with the Tower of London where we went on a tour guided by one of the Tower's Beefeaters, saw the Crown Jewels and spent three hours all up. Then we thought we'd better get a move on to see the rest of London town! So in the remaining hours of the day we saw Tower Bridge, Houses of Parliament, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace, Trafalgar Square and Piccadilly Circus. We finished the day in the West End with dinner and a show. We went to see The Mouse Trap, a murder mystery play written by Agatha Christie which has been continuously showing on the West End for 54 years!!!! Dont ask us who done it as we are sworn to secrecy.

Sunday was spent catching up with another of Vic's cousin's (Josh who has been in London for over 4 years) in his suburb of Putney. We then went into Soho for dinner followed by a Jack The Ripper Walking Tour later that night in the East End.

With London being so large and having so many sights to see you can imagine that we hope to return to it again before we come home.

Tomorrow will see the arrival of Nat and Lennie, two of Vic's friends from home. It's great to have visitors!!

Love,

Wes and Vic


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

The Mouse TrapThe Mouse Trap
The Mouse Trap

Yes - 54 Years!


19th April 2006

london
looks like you had a better time in london than i did, especially catching up with people.
23rd April 2006

When do you think you're coming home?
Whatdoyamean you want to visit London before you come home. Why are you planning on returning to us some time this year. Before 2/9/06? Ha! ha! ha! Lemme know. VIC! Read your hotmail!

Tot: 0.33s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0725s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb