Beers with the Queen!


Advertisement
Published: May 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi all - so hard to find 5 mins to add an update. Flight over was awesome - Emirates were fantastic. Singapore was intresting even though it was only a half an hour stopover, but in that time i was walking around and got approached by customs who asked to see my passport - I went along with their request due to the fella behind holding what looked to be a fully loaded AK47 which i'm sure he had no hesitations to use.

Good morning Singapore.

Dubai seemed really interesting, and so is this keyboard - i can't see any keys. Anyway, we pulled up outside the airport because of their extensions and had to be bussed to the termnal. Wewalked out into the hot haze that was the middle east onto these space aged busses that took us straight to our connedcing flights. That was about it for Dubai.

On to London now, we flew over Bahrain, BlackSea and over Russia, Germany and finally to GB. We got in on time and cleared customs easier than getting off at Hobart - which was easy as and Beagle free. No quarrantine or anything.

We grabbed an oyster card for the tubes and got off at Russell Square and checked in to our hotel. Then had a walk towards the river Thames and came back home - started raining and we were stuffed.

Yeterday we saw lots oflocal attractions like London Eye, big ben, piccadilly circus, national museum, bukingham palace, westminster abbey and actually saw the daily chnge of the guard. We then headed off to Hyde Park and down to the ritzy shopping area of Knightsbridge where we went to Harrods. We crashed early yessterday because we had walked everywhere that ay and were quuite buggered.

Today it's off for a double decker tour and we are meeting up with the group tonight to prepare for the 6am departure to Paris tomorrow.

Sorry no photos this mahine doen't have a usb, but don't worry, it's been 3 days and i've snapped nearlly 1000 pics already. Japanese tourist steve is at it again.

Well time to head i've got 2 mins left on the machine - £1 for 10 mins over here.

Cheerio from ruddy England!

Advertisement



6th May 2008

Hi Steve and Shane.
By now you will have started your Con tiki tour, wish we were young enough to be there with you have a great time. It is tuesday here time 4.49pm a quiet day today we went up to Maroochydore for the long weekend with Carmel and Brad and had a lovely time. nice view from the unit where we stayed. Take Care Love to you both from Grandma and Grandad. XX

Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0219s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb