The Queen's Birthday - Trooping of the Colour


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » London City
June 16th 2007
Published: June 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The Birthday Girl herselfThe Birthday Girl herselfThe Birthday Girl herself

Her Majesty The Queen. Oh yes, that's a dapper Prince Phillip seated beside her.

The Queen's Birthday - Trooping of the Colour

 Europe » United Kingdom » England » London » Buckingham Palace By Claire and Brendon
June 16th 2007
Claire and Brendon Reid
Well this one goes out to all you Royalists out there. Short & sweet this blog is a few pics of our big day yesterday - where we got to see the Queen. OK so lots of people got to see the Queen yesterday, it was her official birthday & they clebrated with a parade from Buckingham Palace to where we sat, in the parade ground at the other end of St James Park (off Horse Guards Rd). But given we were seated and had paid-for tickets courtesy of the NZ High Commission we actually got to SEE the Queen. Not just crowds of people.

Oh and before you ask why we're so dressed up, the dress code was morning dress or lounge suit for men and a smart day dress, matching skirt and top or trouser suit for women. Hats weren't compulsory but many women chose to wear them & looked lovely.

Here are the pics.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Charge!Charge!
Charge!

I told Brendon I thought we'd get in trouble if we sat here.....
Here they come!Here they come!
Here they come!

Prince Andrew, Beatrice and Eugenie enter the parade ground before whizzing off through the horse guard arch and into the building to watch the display.
Here they come - a close upHere they come - a close up
Here they come - a close up

A zoomed in shot of Camilla (see white hat) & Prince William facing Princess Anne's husband Timothy Laurence who, poor fellow must travel backwards.
The Queen's grand entranceThe Queen's grand entrance
The Queen's grand entrance

Just look at this pomp and circumstance! I bet Helen she sometime had an entrance like this. If you look closely you'll see Princess Anne on the black horse to the right of the screen. No carriages for her.
Toy SoldiersToy Soldiers
Toy Soldiers

These guys must have spent a long time on the parade ground in preparation for the big day. It was well worth it as the show was incredible.
Our very own paradeOur very own parade
Our very own parade

How did we chance front row seats for this?
The charge of the Light Brigade.  The charge of the Light Brigade.
The charge of the Light Brigade.

Well not really - but how cool does this look? WHat you see here are The Lifeguards, one of two regiments of the British Household Cavalry. And they're heading our way.
Wow!Wow!
Wow!

The most impressive thing for me was definately the horses. Just look at these magnificant animals - and their great 'get-up'.
Cannons et alCannons et al
Cannons et al

poor horses
Spot the touristSpot the tourist
Spot the tourist

But how cool are these guys' uniforms?


18th June 2007

Great Blog Claire
Great 'Queen's B/day' photos Claire and I love your hair cut!!!!

Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 63; dbt: 0.063s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb