London Tour


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » London City
July 11th 2005
Published: August 16th 2005
Edit Blog Post

So far we're just getting acquainted with the idiosyncracies of being oversees. I almost blew up my hair dryer this morning trying to sort out the voltage adapters (nothing like have smoke blow out of the motor to wake you up)! Then we had our first introduction of paying to go to the bathroom when we arrived at Waterloo Station to start our day of touring the sights.

Rode the double decker bus and saw all the notable landmarks en route. Big Ben is our fave! This is not just any clock - it's gorgeous. There is so much history here its amazing! Buckingham Palace, Tower Bridge, Westminster Cathedral, Picadilly Circus, Scotland Yard just to name a few. BUT the highlight so far was at The Olde Kings Head pub where I had bangers and mash with a pint and John enjoyed chips with malt vinegar (which you don't even have to ask for - they just know that's what you're supposed to put on fries)!

Anyway, we're at an internet cafe b/c we're having some computer issues at the moment so must run b/c it's costing us moola (heck, if they charge you to go to the loo then this must be costing us an arm and a leg)!

Will fill you in on our previous days when we can get better oriented with the systems. We're now on our way to Picadilly Circus b/c it looks like a cool place to hang (there's a street somewhere around there with 23 shoe stores)! Going to grab a cab tho b/c the Picadilly line is down - we assume b/c of the bombs.

Miss you all!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0998s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb