3rd day London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » London City
December 16th 2006
Published: February 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

There is just so many things to do in London that there is never enough time. Even people who live there for months have trouble scratching the surface. Kevin and I won't give up, we get back on our bus tour (tickets lasting 48hours), we have a plan to see Buckingham Palace, Harrods, Oxford Circus and the famous pancake house all in very different parts of London, of course! We don't want to make things easy.

Our planning doesn't go well as we arrive at Buckingham Palace during the change of guard were ALL the tourist in London decide to go at the same time. There were people everywhere as you can tell from the photo's. It was still amazing being infront of this huge palace where the queen lives. Unfortunately the queen wasn't there at the time, so tea and scones were saved till we arrived at Harrods one of the biggest department stores in London. It's got to be seven stories high and takes up at least one whole street selling everything from babywear - chocolate - meat - bedding - pet stuff. It's full of glitz and glam and every girl's dream to shop till she drops.
Buckingham PalaceBuckingham PalaceBuckingham Palace

Look at all the people? Apparently that's not nearly as busy as it normally gets.


We can't head to Harrods without checking out the competition 'Oxford Circus' another strip of great shops, although this trip wasn't about shopping, so we didn't stay long as we had a date with the pancake shop, which was recommended to me by Mark (work friend) which sells alsorts of pancakes that are absolutely massive and delicious (as you can see).

After craming all the sightseeing in, we were glad to arrive home the next day to relax.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Buckingham Palace statueBuckingham Palace statue
Buckingham Palace statue

This is across the road from Buckingham Palace
Pancake shopPancake shop
Pancake shop

Maple syrup, cream pancake, isn't it big?
HarrodsHarrods
Harrods

It doesn't look nearly as big in this photo as it really is.
Kevin on the big red busKevin on the big red bus
Kevin on the big red bus

Kevin taking it easy on the big red bus.
Oxford CircusOxford Circus
Oxford Circus

All the pretty christmas lights along Oxford circus strip
SquirelSquirel
Squirel

This little squirel that kept following us while we walked across Hyde park to get to Harrods.


24th February 2007

Man that pancake looks nice!
hey that pancake is huge and looks so delicious hehe..the squirel must of been funny!

Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0549s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb