Day 5: Taxi, taxi, taxi


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Kensington
September 17th 2009
Published: September 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post


Hey all, well day 5 has nearly come to an end. It was a very comfortable today as we had seen many of the must-see attractions therefore today was more relaxed.

We slept till about 8:30 which is pretty late, leisurely got ready and went down for breakfast. We left to start our day around 11am. We took a bus to Tottenham Court Road and from there took the Northern line to Archway station. From Archway we took a bus (who's driver was a bit rude and didn't tell us when to get out so we missed our stop and had to walk back) to Highgate Cemetery!

The Cemetery is very isolated and within the London borough of Islington. We walked around for about an hour and viewed the graves and tombs of deceased Englanders. Karl Marx was actually buried there which was quite interesting. Met two nice people from Toronto and we chatted about the area for awhile.

From there we we took the tube back to Tottenham Court Road and ate at the Cornish Bakehouse which I was recommended to from a friend and it did not disappoint! They make Cornish Pasties which are essentially crusted pockets with different fillings. It was very yummy - I was quite excited to try that Ha ha.

Then we took a cab to Neal's Yard which is a small courtyard that is styled very bohemian. It was so neat with its new wave style and Caribbean colors! Then we walked to Covent Garden which is a great shopping district! Fantastic shops and buildings! It is essentially there version of Granville Island. Very similar! It was great to see as I've never seen it before. Great street entertainers and items within. Punch and Judy are two of the worlds oldest hand puppets and are still running today hundreds of years later. Love random stuff like that.

From Covent Garden we went to Leicester Square which is in the West End and is the entertainment hub of movies, restaurants, clubs and pubs! Very lively and was fantastic to see in person.

From there we went to Buckingham Palace and took some photos of the front facade as we never saw it last time. I made Dad go back and see it as on our tour of the palace you enter from the back!

Then we went to The Black Lion Pub and had a nice pub-styled dinner and have since come back to the hotel and begun to relax.

Night all, talk soon.

David

p.s. - concert tomorrow!


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



17th September 2009

You are having tons of fun! :D Have you come across any pikeys yet? Hahaha, love Punch and Judy. I remember seeing some performances in Stanley Park when I was a kid.
18th September 2009

HI GUYS
HI, finally got to look at , your blog, it looks like you are having a great time,love your pictures and your write up . Sorry i missed you before you left but we will get toguether when you guys get back. ENJOY THE REST OF YOUR HOLIDAYS, LUV SILVIA

Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0393s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb