Day 1...the really long day


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Heathrow Airport
February 12th 2008
Published: February 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

my first and hopefully not my last blog...man what a day.... the flight to manila it self was pretty standard, a bit of turbulence and trying to get to sleep in an upright position what was really quite strange was what we got for breakfast.....a pizza slice and a seafood burrito..what the???

You know the saying "Mother knows best" well my mum doesnt... she told us that to get on to our connecting flight to amsterdam we just needed to go to the transfers desk and get on the shuttle bus...so when we went to the transfers desk they told us..we dont transfer KLM customers anymore and that we needed to get onto the free shuttle bus to take the other airport (which was driven by a madman)....while checking in in melbourne the night before we were told our baggage would be transferred straight to London and we didnt need to collect it from baggage claim...that was wrong too..we had to claim it and check it in again in the philippines.

From Previous experience of travelling from the philippine airport i knew they had a terminal fee so i asked my mother if we needed to pay this before we got on the the flight to amsterdamm she said no and once again she got it wrong...we had to pay 750 peso each.

anyway running out of time keep everyone up to date as much as possible

love mel and brett

Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0307s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb