A Change in Plans


Advertisement
Published: January 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

We didn't intend on flying into Heathrow, but it was a must. See, our original plans had us flying into Birmingham through Newark on Continental. Newark, however, was severely delayed due to bad weather. The Continental ticket agent informed us that it would probably be the next day before we could get our flight. Seth and I were both nervous -- he informed them of his parents' pony competing in a world championship event and that we absolutely, positively had to be there the next day. The Continental ticket staff were great -- they arranged to get us onto an impending British Airways flight to London. Sam, the British Airways agent, was an incredible help, getting our baggage checked in and hooking us up with bulkhead seats no less. Ahhhh, leg room. But then, wait! I forgot that our rental car had been reserved in Birmingham. Harried phone call to Expedia...Our plane was literally about to take off when I got it settled! We sat back and relaxed during the overnight trip, relieved that we wouldn't miss the championship!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0298s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb