Arrive at Heathrow


Advertisement
Published: June 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Ok - pretty nice flight. According to the girls, the flight attendant was HOT! We got a decent meal (at 10:20pm!), and tried to sleep as much as possible. Some of us were more successful than others... passport control, baggage claim and retrieving the the rental car all went well.
The rental car company upgraded us to a Chrysler Grand Caravan - it is about the biggest passenger car/van I've seen here - most of the vehicles are tiny! So we got into the wrong side of the car to start driving on the wrong side of the road. This was hard. Allison is on constant "too far left!!" patrol - it is hard judging where the left side of the car is when you're driving on the right.
Beautiful sunny day to start in London - by the end of the day, it was raining, cold and miserable. Very bad traffic in places between London and Lancaster, and it was tiring and nerve-wracking so we stopped a few times to rest. We were hours late picking up Christopher at Lancaster. We saw his tiny dorm room, met a 'flat mate', and had a quick walking tour of the town
Christopher in the way-back seat!Christopher in the way-back seat!Christopher in the way-back seat!

We can't believe we got everything in there!
on the way to dinner at one of his hangouts. He hadn't shipped his belongings back to Maryland yet, so we added him, his luggage and his boxes (including guitar) to the contents of our minivan!
On to the Lake District - more rain. Luckily it isn't really dark until 10:30 or so. We finally arrive about 12 hours after we left the airport - exhausted. There is a big prom-like party going on at our hotel, so we are dragging our tired, disheveled, wet selves through a crowd of formally attired young people. Blissfully, we were in bed by 12:30 - at least us old folks were. I have a feeling the kids somehow still didn't sleep much.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0447s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb