Day 24 - Wednesday 22 March - Dunnet -> Heathrow


Advertisement
Published: March 22nd 2023
Edit Blog Post

Well, what a HUGE day. We were up early this morning. We had told Sheila not to worry about brekky but that just distressed her, so she left a tray of cereal, fruit, yoghurt, toast and scones for us. We left at 6:30am and drove through ALL weather conditions to get to edinburgh airport to return the car before 1pm. We had rain, sleet and snow as well as brilliant sunshine requiring sunnies (Tom’s broke ages ago so he was wearing mine). it was a 6 hour drive with two stops for petrol. I guess because it’s a hybrid they figure you don’t need a big tank. We added up the kilometres Tom drove in the two cars - a total of 2642 kilometres! The Hertz lady thinks we covered everything and everywhere.

Today was a high wind warning day - it was on the news, on the traffic report and on the weather report, and they weren’t wrong. We experienced lots of buffeting in the exposed spots and a ship in dry dock was blown off its stand. It made take off in Edinburgh and landing in earth row a little out of the ordinary.





Tomorrow morning we fly to Singapore. Night night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.262s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0662s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb