Hampstead Heath


Advertisement
Published: May 3rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

We left Fenton House just after 12:30. We took a shortcut. We walked past New End Square, Burgh House to Well Walk. There were a couple of pubs where people were celebrating the Royal Wedding. Later on, we heard that 25 millions people watched the Royal Wedding. And, thousands of people had flocked to the West End on 29 April 2011. Thanks to this, Hampstead Heath was peaceful, and pleasant to walk. We had a picnic lunch, walked up to the Parliament Hill, rambled along the lake, and explored the woodland around Kenwood House in the afternoon. There were quite a few people with dogs and children on the Parliament Hill. It was hazy in the direction of the West End. The church bells were ringing throughout the afternoon to commemorate the Royal Wedding. It was sunny and warm. We enjoyed walking on the green space and looking at colourful flowers, e.g. cherry blossoms, rhododendrons, azaleas, bluebells, and handkerchief trees, and hearing birds’ singing. We truly enjoyed the visit to Fenton House and exploring Hampstead Heath on 29 April 2011.

We watched the highlight of the Royal Wedding in the evening. The vows, hymns, and overall actions of the bride and groom reminded me of our special day a few years ago. I was quite tired at night and went to bed early.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0581s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb