Bombs and Old Rockers


Advertisement
Published: July 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well hello there everyone. I thought I would give you all a quick update as to what has been going on these last few weeks here in London.

As you have no doubt read or heard, there have been some attempted attacks in the last week, one a car bomb that failed to explode, the other a burning car that went into an airport. Well as much as the media want to make out that this is the biggest thing since 911. There was never any danger of loss of life at any stage, so don’t panic, its all a big media show. Really, how hard is it to set off a car bomb? I have never done it but I would imagine that if your smart / mad enough to make a bomb and put it in a car, then you would at least have done some research on how to actually make the thing explode? Terrorists these days are really creating a bad name for themselves! Not one of fear, but one of foolery!

I had a work party on Friday just gone. It was one of the parties where you invite all your clients and get them drunk so they agree to do more business with you. The only problem with this was I don’t have any clients! So when everyone was off asking the same questions, one after the other, to all their different clients, I had no one to talk to.

Saturday, Matt and I went to watch the Essendon Melbourne game at the pub just down the road from our new house. No we are not in there yet however the day is approaching! Anyway, after we got back to Hammersmith, we were walking to one of our friends birthday parties when we walked pas the Hammersmith Apollo (where I saw Motley Crue not so long ago) and noticed that there was a gig on. We then realised that it was Lou Reed playing one of his cds from the first song to the last song. For all you who don’t know, Lou Reed is about 60 and used to play in a band called “Lou Reed and the Velvet Underground.” He has taken more drugs than Anna Nicole Smith had plastic surgery, and I believe he was the first person ever to inject heroin on stage at a gig. You would even call him the Sir Paul McCartney of New York. Just think of the song “Hey babe, take a walk on the wild side” and that’s him! Anyway, tickets had a face value of £65 (yes for all you international currency converters, that’s $163 Australian Dollars a ticket) however because it was sold out, the scalpers were selling them for £90. After a lot of talking, we managed to get him down to £25 each ticket, so in we walked. It was a good show but it I had paid £60 for a ticket I would have been a bit upset, and I cant imagine how the guy sitting behind me is feeling after he slept through the entire show!

Some good news, Mel has gotten herself a job! Its as a nanny so its not ideal but at least now we have two incomes and we can start saving for new toys, like a macbook pro!

Well as im writing this whilst im at work, I best go and actually do something constructive.
Hope all is well.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0421s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb