Girls, Girls, Girls


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Hammersmith
June 15th 2007
Published: June 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

School NightSchool NightSchool Night

Roll Call
Well hello there, i know its been a long time since my last update so let me start off by staying I’m very sorry for that, however you will be please to know it was due to lots of fun being had over here.

It all started with a party we went to, I think it was the second week we were here. It was a school themed party (see photos attached) in the middle of the London ghetto. Scary yes, but we managed to all stick together and keep out of trouble the entire night. It was a great night and our group seamed to take over the entire party, with Jimmy even running a raffle!
On the way home it was hard to find a cab, it turns out that someone was stabbed in the area and all the roads were closed. This was sure to be our first and only visit to the ghetto.

We have also caught up with Mel’s cousin and his wife. We did think that they would be able to get Mel some work at the embassy here however that was very short lived. Not to worry, we will soldier on. They live at a great unit on the River Thames, much like the docklands back home. It’s a very similar feel, being 50 story apartments and no grass in sight!

Tucker and Froggy had a birthday so we went and had dinner at a road called Brick Lane. This is where all the Indian restaurants are located and its one of the few places in London that bartering skills come in handy. We ended up negotiating for a room of our own, since we had 20 people and knew it would get a bit rowdy, 6 bottles of wine for the girls to share, and a pint each for the boys. It was a great night, however I’m sure that place was glad to see us go, rowdy was a massive understatement!

As Mel and I live next to the Queens Park tennis club, we noticed that they hold the second biggest grass tournament in the world, second behind Wimbledon. Anyway, they were having qualifying for the main event and it was free to get in so Mel and I sat in the sun there for two days and watched Wayne Arthurs win his first two matches, only to choke in the third set tie brake and double fault to loose the match. It was a good game however with both players holding their serves for the entire match.

Matt and I went to see Motley Crue on Monday night. It was at the Hammersmith Apollo and once again, they did not disappoint. The place was a sea of long black hair, tight leather pants, makeup, tattoos and fake boobs. For all you keeping score at home, i did notice that the Australian girls are much more likely to get their boobs out a Motley Crue show than English girls. Once again it was an indoor show, however there were more 13 foot flames and fireworks than at NYE in Sydney! I have no idea how someone hasn’t been hurt yet, but it works and boy does it look great!

This is a clip of the show we were at, come on, I know you want to watch it!
">Motley Crue In Hammersmith '07

Come tomorrow, Mel and In are homeless again. Yes we have decided that we are paying way too much rent at the moment since I’m the only one working. Add to that the fact that
Motley CrueMotley CrueMotley Crue

This one's a keeper!
the people we live with we hate, it was best we find another place. It turned out that it was a good idea to do so, as the place we have found, although we can’t move into it for another month, we have our own ensuite and its half the price of where we are now.

Well best get back to work, hope all is well with everyone.

Talk soon!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.153s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0858s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb