Stalking the Treasures of the East


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Hackney Central
February 20th 2013
Published: February 25th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Street art ... love it? hate it? on the fence? Well for the record I love it and hunt out good graffiti wherever I travel. It will always pop up on my blogs as a taste of the social, political or just artistic expression in the places where I go. Hunting it down is almost an obsession and I often stop on walks just to capture a little bit of this art form. Whether you are a lover or a hater, you have to admire the skill and often audacity that has these pieces popping up all over. For the record ... tagging is rubbish!

One of the joys of living in London is having so much of the stuff just hanging around. You don't have to look far around Hackney, Shoreditch and Brick Lane to gain an immersion introduction to the latest street art. As quick as they are removed, vandalised or covered a new one pops up. From week to week you see new works popping up everywhere.

Having a good friend in town gave me an excuse to take the camera and record what the streets had to offer. First a night out in central london/SOHO the area where she introduced me to my first Invader, now sadly gone, and then a round about Sunday wander to the Columbia Road Flower Market through Hackney and Shoreditch.

The streets and alleyways are littered with artwork by local and international artists and you start to recognise and have your favourites. I can't go past a ROA giant mural, maybe it's the size (mahoosive), maybe its the animal subject matter, but it's definately an appreciation of his skill. Still on the list ... a Banksy in the wild.

Enjoy

Jane x


Additional photos below
Photos: 57, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Invader Invader
Invader

Charlotte St, City
City of Ronzo City of Ronzo
City of Ronzo

Charlotte St, City
Social CommentarySocial Commentary
Social Commentary

Charlotte St, City
Remember to look upRemember to look up
Remember to look up

Christiaan Nagel


Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0432s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb