We've discovered time!!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Greenwich
September 5th 2006
Published: September 5th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Kid in a toyshopKid in a toyshopKid in a toyshop

Told you micks hair had become out of control!
Well, the weekend has been and gone again and was spent exploring our surrounds, just for something different!
Okay, saturday we visited Hamleys Toy Store, its the largest toy store in the uk, possibly all of europe (dont know, will have to look that one up) its featured on 'getaway' before, so we thought hey, if Catriona has seen it, we better have a squiz too!
Its 7 stories high, and has absolutely everything a kid could dream of....even lollies (our personal fave section) we didnt buy anything, but pretty much played with everything and basically had a jolly good time.
Sunday we headed for Greenwich (pronounced here as Grenitch) you know the place where you know what time it is, GMT!
We had to change tubes at Tower Hill, so checked out the London Tower, then caught a ferry across to Greenwich. London turned on a pearler of a day, so we strolled around the greenwich markets, found a milkshake shop that had over 100 flavours.....so took way longer in there than we would have thought, decisions, decisions!
Caught the ferry back then went out for a portugese meal for dinner...oooh spicy!
Thats about it for this weekend, (plus I'm
thats not methats not methats not me

its not me, and you cant prove it! Could be classed as an improvement though.....
in a hurry, gotta get back to work, so you've got the edited version) but here's some photos.
Will chat again next weekend, til then!




Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Tower of LondonTower of London
Tower of London

Its had many uses, from a prison to a castle, to be honest though, I have no idea what its used for now, might have to look that one up.
Tower BridgeTower Bridge
Tower Bridge

Think you've seen a photo of this one before, but hey, cant have too many photos now can we.
Tower BridgeTower Bridge
Tower Bridge

And another one just for good measure, this one was taken from the ferry
Town HallTown Hall
Town Hall

The town hall in greenwich....
Town HallTown Hall
Town Hall

The inside of the town hall is painted with murals, every square inch of it. Its second only to the sistene chapel....
Head of the tableHead of the table
Head of the table

Mick things his 'all that' sitting at the head of the table....with all his friends! :-)
That dot is me!That dot is me!
That dot is me!

Thats me standing right on the border of the eastern and western hemisphere (apparently this is absolutely true)this is where they do the whole GMT thing.
Tower bridge againTower bridge again
Tower bridge again

We managed to catch a glimpse of the bridge opening to let the paddlesteamer through, cool huh!!


Tot: 0.278s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 15; qc: 67; dbt: 0.0625s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb