Photos Day 1


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Earls Court
June 29th 2011
Published: July 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hi Everyone

Students and Ms Shek and Mr Yu are safe and sound sleeping like babies in the hotel. I've been up since dawn, have been for a run (7km) and now having breakfast and it's still only 5am !!

The flight was fine, long and tiring but manageable. We spent the first day exploring the area around our hotel. We started with a lovely full English breakfast and then headed to Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens. The students did some work while sitting on the grass and enjoying the beautiful sunshine. However, rain clouds followed by a massive thunderstorm sent us running to the Royal Albert Hall for some coffee and some live classical music.

Then we headed back to the hotel to check in but got caught in another storm so spent an hour in the Science Museum to escape the rain.

We had a massive and delicious Italian meal in the evening and then it was bed time for the students.

Today the sky is so blue and clear ........ let's hope there are no clouds hiding over the horizon. Our plan is to walk to Buckingham Palace, watch the Changing of the Royal Guard and then head over to Covent Garden markets.

Tonight we're off to see The Lion King.

Bye for now from beautiful London ......... my lovely hometown :-)


John

Advertisement



Tot: 0.153s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 54; dbt: 0.1073s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb