Next day


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Earls Court
July 21st 2010
Published: July 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Gidea ParkGidea ParkGidea Park

With John's aunty Gladys - aka Pat
Hi again,

Yesterday was spent travelling to and from Gidea Park - about 20 Miles out from London via tube, tube and national line train - not much to see on our travels but a pleasant trip to see John's aunty Gladys. We arrived at Gidea Park and bought some flowers to take to his aunty whom he hadn't seen for about 15 years. The florist was lovely and was able to show us on her computer where to go and printed out the simple directions.

When we arrived at her complex everyone knew her nephew was coming to visit from Australia!! No secrets there. A welcoming committee too - with her friend, Alf, and a couple around our ages there to meet us. What a lovely and gracious lady she is, on the ball and very up to date on things with a great sense of humour too - very hard to believe she is 90!! I hope to be like her when I turn 60 down the track. She is very much like her sister - two peas in a pod that's for sure.

We went to the local Golf Club where she is a social
GoodbyeGoodbyeGoodbye

Awful saying goodbye but she waited and waved until we were out of sight
member for lunch and had a wonderful time with her - we are both family people and love spending time with family (not an easy task from Briz...) and really enjoyed the time we had with her. It was quite hard to say goodbye to her and she stood at the door and waved until we were out of sight - a very pleasant time was had by all.

When we arrived back in London we had dinner at the local pub and then exhausted again went home for a brandy and bed to sleep.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.257s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0638s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb