Farewell England


Advertisement
Published: July 6th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Last weekend in London (5-7/6/10)
After a busy eight weeks of work in Stoke-on-Trent we were happy to bid it farewell.We’d done our job by reducing the 24week waiting list for outpatient physio of our trust back to 8 weeks. And had hopefully helped a few people along the way.

Saturday
We packed our bags minus the work gear (wouldn’t be needing that for some time) and caught the Saturday morning train to London, making the familiar journey to Clapham . We dropped off out gear, enjoyed some lunch in the sun and headed to Covent Garden for our farewell drinks at The Punch and Judy. As the sun shining around it was a perfect location on the balcony with free entertainment courtesy of the street performers. After a fantastic afternoon of cider, sun and catching up we walked to Chinatown for a delicious banquet followed by some more drinks at Leicester Square before the city closed down for the night

Sunday
After a well needed sleep in we set of to Spitalfields market. Despite Carly having had a free guided tour only weeks earlier courtesy of Alana we took the long way round, finally stumbling across the amazing food court with its intoxicating aroma’s. We grabbed a couple Chinese dumplings for the wander round the huge selection; Japanese, Chinese, Moroccan, Indian, Mexican. American, so many choices we finally settled for some delicious Sri Lankan curries. Content, we wandered through the independent designers wishing we had more room in our backpacks, but agreeing Carly definitely needed a new dress and Jez at least a couple tee’s. We returned to Clapham to watch the men’s French Open Final over a couple Sunday Snakebites and Team Jenga with Juz!

Monday
Since it would be our last day in London for some time we had a few things left on our ‘To do list’. Sas joined us as we headed to the Imperial war Museum an impressive display of Naval guns, tanks and a replica of the Hiroshima Bomb. Taking in the British perspective of World War I and II and an emotional display of the Holocaust. We wandered through a trench and took part in Blitz experience. All totally engrossed we lost hours reminded how much time had passed only by our rumbling stomachs. So we set out on foot to the British Museum via Tesco for lunch overlooking Big Ben and the houses of parliament. We made it to the British Museum for a brief glimpse of mere few of the 7million artifacts agreeing it was probably better left for another day. Our final destination was Oxford street for a few last minute supplies. Buggered we returned to Clapham for a lovely dinner with Hazel and Justin and a final few hours of packing and final preparations.





Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0433s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb