Moreton-in-Marsh


Advertisement
Published: May 26th 2005
Edit Blog Post

We're in town!We're in town!We're in town!

Moreton-in-Marsh for lunch.
A busy market town on the northern edge of the Cotswolds. Moreton-in-Marsh grew up on the route of the Roman Fosse Way which runs through the main street, and the old London to Worcester highway, a prominent coaching route.

Moreton in Marsh; the "Marsh" oddly enough comes from "march" meaning boundary. It was where four counties: Gloucestershire, Warwickshire, Worcestershire and Oxfordshire met. The wide main street is typical of many Cotswold towns.

Houses and shops of the 18th and 19th century line the High Street, and in the centre is the Redesdale Hall, dating from 1887, the town’s main public hall.

There are a number of antique shops and a scattering of other art shops and restaurants.

We had our lunch at Falstaffs restaurant in the mall on Old Market Way and High Street, opposite Redesdale Hall. We had Squash Soup, Brie Cheese with Red Grape, Salad Leaves (this is the way it was described on the menu), and Onion Relish. We finished our lunch with, of course, Tea!





Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Town Hall and Clock TowerTown Hall and Clock Tower
Town Hall and Clock Tower

Redesdale Hall, dating from 1887, the town’s main public hall.
In front of FalstaffsIn front of Falstaffs
In front of Falstaffs

Soup, Sandwiches, Tea and more - very tasty.


16th January 2006

I enjoyed your entry
Thank you for sharing your experience and your photos!

Tot: 0.211s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 24; qc: 99; dbt: 0.1682s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb