Arrived in London!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Essex » Stansted Airport
September 8th 2017
Published: September 8th 2017
Edit Blog Post

The Emirates Lounge in Brisbane Airport is right at the end of the terminal, opposite the gate, so we sat in there until we boarded (directly from the lounge) at 2am. The aircraft was a 777-300ER, with a seat configuration of the 2 seats beside the window.

The first flight to SIN was very calm and night time. The seats were very hard though and didn’t go completely flat so we didn’t sleep that well. Meals were Light Bites and I had pan fried chicken gyoza and Shelley had a wagyu beef pie. For breakfast, we both had cheese and chive omelette.

We were half an hour late into SIN and had an hour and a half refuelling stop so we walked around the shops. We re-boarded the same plane and had the same seats for the onward journey and managed to get a few hours of sleep on this leg. Lunch for me was chicken soup with barley and then Malaysian style fried chicken.

In Dubai, we had just over 3 hours in transit so we headed straight to the Emirates Lounge and had a shower and something to eat. Our departure gate was in the same terminal luckily, so we wandered around the duty free shops and then boarded our flight on an A380-800 airplane. Business Class and First Class take up all the top level and our seats were in the middle as there was only a single seat beside the window. We slept a lot on this leg as well and meals were for lunch, mushroom soup and salad, no main or dessert for either of us and then scones and jam for afternoon tea.



Our flight landed at 8:45pm, half an hour late, but we had a quick trip through Immigration and got a new sim card from Sim Local. Our Chauffeur Drive pickup was in a Mercedes E class and left at 9:30pm, arriving at 10:30pm at the at Novotel Stansted Airport for 2 nights

We both woke up fairly early, around 7am and had a lazy morning and then ordered room service around 9am. Breakfast was plain yoghurt, Eggs Benedict and coffee.



After lazing in the room, we will be catching the hotel shuttle bus to Stansted Airport train station for the trip into London and our theatre evening with cousin Jo.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



8th September 2017
170908 DXB-LHR Screens

Wow!
Some fellow in Hervey Bay won $30 million on Tuesday - onlychecked his numbers last night! Having seen your seats and meals, if I won that I'd be going Business Class too - no, make that First Class! Hope you enjoyed the show xxx
9th September 2017

Aussies abroad
Pleased you had a safe and enjoyable trip to London. Enjoy your holiday and I look forward to many more pics. Tessxxx

Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 18; qc: 70; dbt: 0.0653s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb