Last days in England


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Essex » Great Bardfield
December 4th 2007
Published: December 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The welcomeThe welcomeThe welcome

We were greated at the gate by 4 dogs, barking but friendly.
Our last 2 and a half days back in England after our week in Lanzarote were spent washing, tidying, sorting and packing. We have bought a new trolley case so we have a bag each and one with all the things that we don't need to take to Europe. This is the biggest bag and consists of our summer clothes, things we have bought, books and travel guides.

The one thing we did do today was to walk to Moe and Colin's. Moe who assists Nessie with the housekeeping in the B&B has popped in several times to see us. She invited us to visit her and yesterday we made a date for today. We left about 10am for the 20 minute walk. Moe has several animals (see photos) and we spent a long time exploring her property and animals before we had a cup of tea.

After this Moe, Colin and 2 of their dogs walked us back to Buck's House via a path that followed a creek.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Stone CottageStone Cottage
Stone Cottage

Moe and Colin have a stone cottage that didn't have running water or electricity when they first moved in 28 years ago!
CarpCarp
Carp

Giant size carp in a giant pond with 3 pumps.
European Eagle OwlEuropean Eagle Owl
European Eagle Owl

This eagle owl is the largest and most powerful owl in Europe. Theu are much used for falconry. Moe and Colin also have a female who didn't poke her head out while we were there.
Eagle Owl in a pensive momentEagle Owl in a pensive moment
Eagle Owl in a pensive moment

He is hanging on to the day old chick that he's just been fed.
Red Tailed HawkRed Tailed Hawk
Red Tailed Hawk

This one wasn't so eager to have his photo taken and was jealously hiding his food from us.
Crossing the fieldsCrossing the fields
Crossing the fields

A great way to spend our penultimate day.
Rags and ColinRags and Colin
Rags and Colin

These guys found so much in common they could have yacked for hours!


5th December 2007

UK
Have enjoyed following your holiday travels around the UK. I am now looking forward to reading about your cruise and your Christmas in Holland. Enjoy it all, love Mum

Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.04s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb