More travels in our little corner of the world


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » East Sussex » Rye
April 14th 2008
Published: September 2nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 50.9525, 0.733949

This weekend we decided to take a trip to the ancient city of Rye in East Sussex. http://www.visitrye.co.uk/ On the way to Rye we decided to drive to Dungeness. This Old little fishing village sits on the very tip of a peninsula and has two light houses. There is also a very large nuclear power plant there. The environment there is very different then what we had seen so far. It was almost all stone and looked like what I would think the surface of Mars would be like. Because of the rock terrain there is little plant life in the area. It was a strange little area but worth going to. Continuing on, we came around a bend in the road and their sitting atop a hill overlooking the River Rother and Romney Marsh, was the city of Rye. This historic city looks like something right out of an old novel. We strolled around the City for a while then into a dog friendly Pub for a pint of Harvey's Bitter. We continued to walk around before heading back toward home. The weather this weekend was wild. Sunny one minute then a storm system would move in for a while then back to sun or hail. We saw four different rainbows this weekend and got some good pictures of them. On our way home we made a stop in Canterbury to meet Beth for a pint at the Blind Dog Pub. After our walk around Rye and the motion of the car making Lily tired she decided that she did not want to stay at the Blind Dog unless she was sitting in my lap. Silly Dog.

Sunday we decided to go to a large wooded park south of Canterbury for a walk. This park is called Kings Woods. It was huge, and beautiful. There are areas that are just covered with Blue Bells that will be open in another week or two. We will be sure to see them when they are open. We traveled through more storms and a rainbow on the way home.


Additional photos below
Photos: 51, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0397s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb