Back in England with a long overdue update.


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Devon
January 28th 2008
Published: January 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hey!

We've been living in Dawlish, Devon since we came back to England after the summer. We have a great flat right on the English Channel. I am finishing up my classes and Al is finishing up his teaching certificaitons. We have been staying really busy. We have decided to run a marathon this spring in Belfast. So we've joined the local gym and have been training nearly every day. I can't wait. We've also decided to take a trip to Morocco in mid-March. So, we've brought our travel blogs back to life so that we can keep everyone updated again with the Marathon and trip. We'll be doing quite a few runs that we'll be posting on here. This weekend we are heading into London for a reunion for the 9/11 summer camp we volunteer at during each August. So it will be great to see everyone again. I guess that is all. I just wanted to let you all know what we were doing and keep you all updated so that you can expect to see a couple of blogs on here over the next few months.

I also just wanted to throw a quick update about the situation in Kenya. We have been in contact with our friends in Saikeri a lot recently. We just want to let you all know that they are away from the violence and my friend Peter said that they are watching everything on the news just as we are. Also, the maternity we helped create has been busy. Peter said that they are getting about a birth a week. This is really great news. That means that women really needed and wanted it. Congratulations to everyone who donated for that. You really made a difference in the lives of people.

We got two new kittens a little bit ago. We named them Rilo and Jovi. It is great to have them around and we have completely fallen in love with them. I've put some pictures on here with the kittens and with the flat.

Hope that everyone is great and we miss you all so much.

Much love,
Brooke (and Alan).


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

The town.The town.
The town.

Ours is about halfway down the pictures. It is cream colored and right before the Oceans Bed and Breakfast which is tan with red trim and sticks out a bit.


Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb