Totnes & Brixham


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Devon » Totnes
April 6th 2021
Published: January 8th 2022
Edit Blog Post

These tours on heygo are with a guide who stays silent throughout, no commentary just enjoying the interesting architecture and views of these two towns in South Devon.

Totnes - From Saxon beginnings to today's vibrant market town, Totnes has a national reputation for its many notable buildings and monuments. Totnes has a reputation. It's famed for being the most eccentric town in Devon – if not in Britain. A recent report even went as far as to call it 'weird'

The Totnes pound (t£) was a complementary local currency, intended to support the local economy of Totnes, It was in circulation from March 2007 to June 2019, when it was discontinued due partly to an increasingly cashless economy.

Brixham - Brixham Harbour is located on the southern side of Tor Bay and boasts one of the largest fishing fleets in the UK, plus a thriving fish market to support it.

Over 100 fishing boats land and sell their catch at the local fish market on the quayside. A visitor viewing platform is strategically placed so visitors can watch the busy comings and goings of the fishing fleet, made up of large beam trawlers and the smaller
day boats. Some of the smaller day boats can actually been seen working at various vantage points around Tor Bay e.g. Berry Head, Fishcombe Cove and Hopes Nose.Approached from the sea the view of Brixham with its many colourful houses cascading down on either side of the harbour is one of the prettiest along the South Devon coast.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement












Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 16; qc: 26; dbt: 0.022s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb