Marathon Day at Catton Hall


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Derbyshire
July 17th 2005
Published: July 25th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hazard 1Hazard 1Hazard 1

Suzy, Bouncer and Claudia take on Hazard 1.
Today was marathon day on the grounds at Catton Hall. It was very interesting to see all the different teams and how they approached the hazards differently. Some were more timid than others, and then there were the elite that seemed to be almost out of control and some did push it too far and wreck or lose a groom.

We got some good action shots of Team Bouncer, especially in the water hazard. Thankfully, Suzy, Claudia, and Bouncer made it through unscathed and are still leading the field for the single ponies.

After the hazards were done we took some time out for another side trip to Stoke-on-Trent to see the Wedgewood factory. That was very interesting and we were able to pick up some nice earings for Vicki. I think this was more our speed at this point in time versus some of the more high priced pieces we saw. Although they did have some absolutely maginificent artistry.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Hazard 2Hazard 2
Hazard 2

Team Bouncer charges up the hill in Hazard 2.
Making a SplashMaking a Splash
Making a Splash

Bouncer makes a splash in the water hazard.
Near the EndNear the End
Near the End

Team Bouncer cruises into first place in the Single Pony division after the marathon.
Enjoying the SceneryEnjoying the Scenery
Enjoying the Scenery

I could sit here all day...
Wedgwood FactoryWedgwood Factory
Wedgwood Factory

We decided to visit the Wedgwood factory as we were so close to Stoke-on-Trent.


Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0444s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb