A week in the Lakes


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Cumbria » Lake Windermere
January 13th 2007
Published: January 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Wast WaterWast WaterWast Water

Fitties!
We have just arrived home feeling extremely relaxed after our week in the lakes. We were so lucky with the weather, the cottage, the food etc. etc. We spent the week in true Hayward Holiday fashion (still can't quite get used to my new name!) in our truly sexy walking gear, taking in the landscapes and sites of historical and natural interest (and making many u-turns both on foot and in the car!) I have enjoyed my break from the Michelin Bride diet and enjoyed much cheese, crisps and chocolate - do all tasty things begin with C?

Highlights included a wet and windy drive along the Hardknott Pass (the steepest road in England), a trip to the stunning Wast Water and Ennerdale Water and a walk to the Stanley Force Waterfall in Eskdale. Oh and also the sight of Mark trying to eat a Lamb Henry which looked like a whole sheep, at the local pub on Friday night!

Sad to be back now but always pleased to return to BeeBee (the cat)!

Love Chrissie x




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Ennerdale WaterEnnerdale Water
Ennerdale Water

Stunning scenery down a scary road!
Hardknott PassHardknott Pass
Hardknott Pass

Don't drive this road in Wintery conditions? Rubbish!
Mmm, chocolate!Mmm, chocolate!
Mmm, chocolate!

Shhh! There's no calories if nobody sees me eat it!


Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0325s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb