Ambleside


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Cumbria » Ambleside
May 29th 2016
Published: August 2nd 2016
Edit Blog Post

Leaving Yorkshire Moors, heading for Yorkshire Dales. Bryson suggested a nice hike was from villages of Thaite to Muker hike. Turned out to be a nice walk aling the river, but surpring number of people until we realized it was a long national holiday weeked. Went to Muker, but it was overcrowded and looked like a popular hangout for the "crotch rocket" jet motorbikes.

Ribblehead Viaduct was our next stop. Whernside Walk was a great opportunity to get an up close experience at the amazing Ribblehead Viaduct, then a distant view from the top of the dales.

I had Googled the best hike at Ambleside and the Fairfield Horseshoe Hike came up. It was my first experience following Wainwright's comments...believe me they are over simplified. And identifying one wayfinding rockpile from the next is a real challenge. in any even, and to our amazement, we made any number of correct decisions at forks in the path. These english footpaths are frequently identified as just that, with no indication of where they lead. Additionally, hiker like to meander, so it's not uncommon to have several paths or it simply disappears.

Langdale YHA - http://www.yha.org.uk/hostel/langdale?utm_source=google&utm_medium=maps&utm_campaign=google-places


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.17s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0956s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb