Part 'A' of Day 7 Liz, Teignmouth, Plymouth,Looe,


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Cornwall
April 20th 2011
Published: April 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

We feel very blessed with the sunny warm weather we are having. Lucky us!! We thought we would be in jumpers and coats and have found we were able to wear short sleeve shirts for much of the time. Fabulous!!
Today was a very BIG day. LOL, how unusual. I am lucky that Steve enjoys driving because drive we did!!!
Firstly, we had a slower morning and spent time with Cousin Liz looking around her village and seeing where she works etc. Then we set off.
First stop, Teignmouth. Steve and I loved this place. The scenery is lovely and there is a great big pier in the middle of the beach which is full of arcade games. It was like we were transported back in time. I wanted to get a photo of me standing under the pier but I forgot. The pylons were very high and it looked like a pier from a movie.
Next we drove through Plymouth and got on the queue for the Ferry crossing to Looe. After a while, we thought that the shipping area was quite large for a car ferry and thought it best to check that we were in the right place. Lucky we did or we would be in France right now LOL!!
We soon found the car ferry to Looe and continued on into this lovely place. The first thing that struck us was the extreme narrowness of the roads here. There are so many shops and building that are so close together and people and cars all make their way along these narrow streets. We couldn't believe our eyes!! Our first view of Looe was the marooned boats sitting in the channel. The area is so tidal that they have very deep and quick changes of tide. We walked on through the narrow lanes amongst the bustle of shoppers and cars and tourists toward the sea. It is a lovely seaside area, but very busy!!! We enjoyed our time here, walking on the beach and through the laneways.
We saw much more today........stay tuned for Part B


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

The Ferry from Devonport to Torpoint 040,The Ferry from Devonport to Torpoint 040,
The Ferry from Devonport to Torpoint 040,

Ummm, is this the right ferry
Looe, 100Looe, 100
Looe, 100

Steve on the bridge looking at the harbour
Tide is out!!,Looe 098Tide is out!!,Looe 098
Tide is out!!,Looe 098

What a sight, all these stranded vessels.
Walking in Looe,114Walking in Looe,114
Walking in Looe,114

Very narrow streets
Steve at Looe 113Steve at Looe 113
Steve at Looe 113

Very strange to see a ladder attached to the rocks


22nd April 2011

glad to hear you got the right boat. Hope Holyhead is easier!!! Looks like you had a great time down south.
23rd April 2011

Teignmouth looks very interesting
and I can remember those games on Brighton Pier too!

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0401s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb