Carry On Cornwall


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Cornwall
February 26th 2011
Published: February 26th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Lovely deli in St Ives.Lovely deli in St Ives.Lovely deli in St Ives.

So expensive though. A jar of coffee that is £2.50 in Tesco was £4.15 in there. Thats a bit of a mark up eh?!
In September 2009 we went to Cornwall on a little family holiday - absolutely loved it, took lots of photos as you can see, wrote up a little story..... then forgot to publish it. Duh!

Anyway - seems silly to write up story again so am publishing this just with photos.

Since we took this trip, Beth has had her 3rd and 4th birthdays (V Big girl now!), Shaz started her own thriving Beauty business, and Alan has been progressing with his Open Uni course and is now studying Philosophy of the Mind (whilst working full time in dull project management - more power to his elbow!).

Last November we went to Disneywordl Florida for Shazza's 40th birthday - Ikes! Not our usual holiday but we had some fun, got p'd off waiting in queues at Magic Kingdom and then came back home to the heaviest snow in the history of the world. Shall look out the photo's of that and do another wee update shortly as I'm in the spirit of travelblogging again!

Cheers Ears!
Shaz, Al & Bethy xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 37, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Cornish Pasties Cornish Pasties
Cornish Pasties

...from the place we had breakfast on our first morning in St Ives. Pasty was nice enough - service was appalling. Guy that worked there was the rudest person in the world. Wont be eating there again and I've reported him on his company's website.
Kath Kidston shop.Kath Kidston shop.
Kath Kidston shop.

Beth got a new beaker with stars on it. Its fab.
St Ives BaySt Ives Bay
St Ives Bay

Lots of cafe's and restaurants with yummy things to eat, all enjoy this view.
Buckets & Spades.Buckets & Spades.
Buckets & Spades.

St Ives is a proper seaside resort!
St Ives harbourSt Ives harbour
St Ives harbour

At about 4pm the tide is right in and the water is actually fairly deep. Beth and I got completely soaked by a big sploshy wave. Poor Beth was crying and was soaked to the skin. A chocolate frog from the sweetie shop helped no end though.
St Ives beach at the harbour.St Ives beach at the harbour.
St Ives beach at the harbour.

We have been so lucky with the weather this week - the sun has had his hat on every day.
Bethpops and the Russian Dolls.Bethpops and the Russian Dolls.
Bethpops and the Russian Dolls.

There are about twenty shops selling Russian Dolls here. Never seen as many in my life.
Cornish wine.Cornish wine.
Cornish wine.

We didn't buy any of this. Didn't feel like taking any chances on the name.
Cyder from Healy's Cyder FarmCyder from Healy's Cyder Farm
Cyder from Healy's Cyder Farm

The cider alchohol content is capped at 7.5% because if it goes any higher than that then customs and excise slap a wine tax on it and it costs a fortune!
Beth and 'Snakey' at the cyder farm.Beth and 'Snakey' at the cyder farm.
Beth and 'Snakey' at the cyder farm.

Beth was fascinated with this snake cut out. She kept going up to it and touching its tongue, but weirdly that night she had a bad dream about snakes and tigers. Wee soul!!
CREAM TEA!!!!!!!!CREAM TEA!!!!!!!!
CREAM TEA!!!!!!!!

Tell you what - Alan doesn't half love a pot of tea and a cake, so imagine his delight at his apple scone with bramble jam and Rhoddas clotted cream. I had one to - it was mega fabuloso!
Snaaaaaaaaaaakkkeeeessss!!!!!!!!Snaaaaaaaaaaakkkeeeessss!!!!!!!!
Snaaaaaaaaaaakkkeeeessss!!!!!!!!

Saw this sign at Goonhilly Future world. I was all worried.
Beth in the play zone at Goonhilly Future ZoneBeth in the play zone at Goonhilly Future Zone
Beth in the play zone at Goonhilly Future Zone

At first she wouldnt go in as it was a bit dark, then she got right into it and wouldnt come out.
Shaz & Beth in a genuine Sinclair C5Shaz & Beth in a genuine Sinclair C5
Shaz & Beth in a genuine Sinclair C5

The most uncomfortable unergonomic contraption ever to grace our presence.
Lizard PointLizard Point
Lizard Point

The most southern point in the UK


Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0439s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb