Back home safe and sound!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Cornwall » Truro
July 28th 2008
Published: February 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Prague NightclubPrague NightclubPrague Nightclub

Apparently the biggest night club in Europe! 5 levels of totally different music and top floor for chill out!
Well, what can i say!?

I had an amazing time on this tour and i so badly want to go back and do it all again. Been back a couple of days but literally crashed out as its the first time i had stopped in about 2 months!

After Auschwitz we went to Austria where we visited the Palace and it rained so hard it was actually quite funny. We then moved onto the Czech Republic. Germany was interesting as we visited Dresden which was actually nothing like i expected and i really enjoyed it, however the next stop was Berlin. Now i don't really know how to sum up Berlin except to say i found it dull and boring, and like Plymouth, it is literally just a concrete city.

Saying that however, once finished with Germany, singing our trip anthem (from Paris to Berlin - which coincidently was literally what we covered, but zig zagged all over) drunk on the coach home - chair surfing, we made our way to lovely Amsterdam. I've always had a soft spot for this place as my Dad lived there for a while when i was growing up and i had
DresdenDresdenDresden

The city we bombed the hell out of, which is a real shame as it is lovely! the black bits of this cathedral are the original stones.
visited him a few times in a place called Utrecht. We went on a bike tour of the area, went to the cafes for a look around and generally just wound down after 7 weeks travelling.

This tour is the best thing i have done in my life, and i suggest that anyone who wants to say that they have done and seen something in their lives, should 110% do this! The last 7 weeks have been the best 7 weeks of my life! i found some of my strengths, weaknesses, grew as a person, learnt things about myself, learnt how to work best as a team and yet how best to support yourself and be an individual at the same time. i dread to think what i would have missed out on had i have done what i was thinking of doing the week before i left - cancelling. i got such cold feet about it that i considered not going atall!

so friends and family ....

Carpe Diem!! xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Daddy CoolDaddy Cool
Daddy Cool

This is the typical thing dancing to 'Paris to Berlin' on the bus we nicknamed 'Daddy Cool'
The survivors!The survivors!
The survivors!

This is the last of the group who made it the whole 7 weeks!
Home!Home!
Home!

Arriving on Truro train station after nearly 2 months in Europe! One word ... AMAZING!!


Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0449s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb