April 2 – King Arthur ....


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Cornwall » Tintagel
April 2nd 2023
Published: April 5th 2023
Edit Blog Post

April 2 – King Arthur ....

After a good night sleep at the Kings Arms, we had our first English breakfast. It’s a very hardy breakfast. Two fried eggs, one large sausage, two strips of meaty bacon, mushrooms, grilled tomato, and a cup of beans. Yea we are full, back into the car and heading to Tintagel.

Why Tintagel you ask, this is where King Arthur is from. The story goes, he was magically conceived/born here. Sound familiar......

We walked the castle ruins; well, we walked down then climbed back up to the castle. In addition, we walked down to Merlin’s Cave. Yep, a real cave where the tide comes in and out and covers up the cave. We walked the coast to the south a bit. We felt like we were the only ones out there. Amazing views!!! After an hour of walking, I was ready for a beer. We stopped in the town and had our first pasty. It was delicious.

After our beer and Pasty, we were headed to our next Inn, Penrose Inn in Lostwithiel. Ok, I’m not making up these town names, they are the strangest and they get even stranger.

We check in and our room is GREAT, really cute Victorian BnB. After checking in, we walked into town and found the local restaurant... but no Fish & Chips. I had a very good pasta dish and Kirsten had an open face burger. Dinner was delicious, but so American.

We walked back to the hotel, back into our room we both were out like light bulbs.

What a great day!

Good night....


Additional photos below
Photos: 46, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0563s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb