Fun in the Sun!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Cornwall » Liskeard
July 20th 2010
Published: July 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

A MONTH ON A PAGE

Well as you can see we have become a little behind with our blogging, so we shall try and summarise the last month on one page to catch you all up. We spent a few fun filled evenings around at Helen and John’s house (Charlotte's best friend from school, who has recently moved back to Cornwall), with there children Bethany and Spencer. We ended up going around there to watch all of the world cup games that we managed to get through to, until that fateful night that Germany whooped our arse, yet again. But at least we had the sunshine, a BBQ and beer to console us.

John, Charlotte’s father, and Denise had a couple of weeks holiday and fancied visiting her family up in Western-Super-Mare, so we offered to dog sit for a couple of days. It was almost like a holiday in a holiday, yay! We arrived after they had left on Saturday and went out for an evening in Polperro with John and Helen. Helen arrived in high heels and it was Charlotte’s first time back in heels, however Charlotte thought it would be a great to walk down to town! Hmm, you can guess the results, yes, stiff legs for the girls and bad backs for the boys!

We started off at the Ship for a couple of sundowners in the garden, followed by a bit of a pub crawl via the Mill house where we saw the new town mayor (a strange bloke in a funny green outfit!), The Pilchards and The Blue Peter where there was live music, but not much room for a boogie!

Helen and John got a cab home and dropped us off home en route, before they were caught up in the taxi with Mike & his wife on the way back to Polperro as the Museum alarm had gone off! They finally got home to a sleepy babysitter.

We chilled in the flat for a couple of days before walking down to Polperro for a couple in the Ship, which turned into an afternoon session with us wobbling up to the bus stop for a lift home! The bus even took us all the way onto Carey Park, yay.

After returning to the caravan we partook in a couple of lovely walks around Caradon hill with Mum & Dig’s followed buy a lovely Sunday roast that Caroline & Murray joined us for. We also walked around Siblyback lake and managed to get all the way around without muddy feet! Yes they have put in a new walk way, yay! Another nice walk was one on a bit of a rainy day, we managed to find a couple of sunny hours for a walk through the forest and river at Golitha Falls. We stopped off at King Doniert’s stone on the way home.

Liam spent an evening with Digory hay baleing, which looked like very hard work from Charlotte’s comfortable seat in the Caravan, so she took some lovely photo’s to show you how hard Liam had worked. A couple of days later the piggy’s arrived, we got six piglets, and were happy to help (well watch!) Digory with the setting up of there sty, part covered barn and a nice big outside run, truly free range.

Charlotte spent a weekend in Plymouth with Caroline (her sister) and had a great night out for her hen night . The theme was brides and bridesmaids, extended out to church guest’s. We managed a couple of brides, including the living dead!, bridesmaids, a vicar, a choirboy and a groom. I think everyone made an effort and dresses up in fancy dress. We had a meal at Cuisine Spontinay where you chose your raw food and they cook it in a selection of wok’s.

After dinner we went for a wander around the Barbican and went into a quiet bar where someone was buying a round of shots, Charlotte suggested that they give one to Caroline as it was her last night of freedom and although the girls were reluctant the barman came to the rescue with a double shot, which Caroline took an age to drink (well it was rather toxic!). There was an unused VIP area with squidgy sofa’s that we managed to break into and the bar even put on some wedding songs for her! We ended up at The Cider Press for a bit of a boogie before grabbing a cab home. On waking up the next morning Caroline saw the devastation in her kitchen after Charlotte made tea last night, there were drip’s all over the floor.

In the mean time Liam went to Exeter with Murray and the boys after we watched the boy’s compete in ’The Blue Mile’ a charity mile swim in the sea. They got the train to Exeter, went canoeing for a couple of hours before returning to the hotel and putting on the Fancy dress for dinner and drinks in the local bars. As per rules of the stag that is about all we know and I guess it is staying that way! A hungover Sunday ensued with a breakfast down at the Seko lounge, followed by Charlotte and Caroline enjoying a DVD before heading home.

The following week we went to the Liskeard Show, not quite the size of the Royal Cornwall show, but fun none the less! We saw a cookery demonstration by a celebrity chef, a couple of tug-of-wars, some amazing animals followed by some acrobatic bikers. We headed home after a lovely cream tea, however the show went on as we heard the live music raving away until at least two or three in the morning.


Additional photos below
Photos: 135, Displayed: 25


Advertisement



Tot: 0.158s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 17; qc: 59; dbt: 0.1122s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb