Scilly again


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Cornwall » Isles of Scilly
May 31st 2009
Published: July 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This year we headed to the Isles of Scilly in June.

Wayne and I left home early on Friday morning, stopping for breakfast en-route. We visited Lauceston, Romstormel and St Mawes Castles in Cornwall before getting to our B and B in Penzance. The Scillonion the following day was fairly busy, but the crossing was calm and trouble free.

We arrived in the Islands and found our house, over the hill and far away - well about 15 minutes from the harbour. We stayed at Gunners Flat with Clem and Tony. It was a great 3 bed flat with good sized living space.

The four of us got on well, and had lots of fun times.

Wayne and I decided that rather than solely diving this year we would take a couple of days out to explore the islands. We took a day boat over to St Martins and walked to the day mark, stopping at the Bakers, and Little Arthurs Café for refreshments.

We had one day when the weather stopped us diving, we chose to chill out, and didn’t do much, visiting the town, Julietts Garden and watching a film. Which was really relaxing and a great way to spend the day.

The diving was good, although this year the seals did not seem to be as playful as previously. The water was chilly but not too cold, and the visibility varied. We enjoyed the dives we did, and the boat was great with Dave helping Jo out this year as she was pregnant.

We had lots of yummy food to eat, at the Mermaids Inn, Boat Shed, Pilots Gig and Blues… also lots of ice creams on our way home from diving most days.

We had a great week and drove home via Jamacia Inn and Stonehenge arriving back in the evening in good time.



Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0262s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb