News!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Cheshire
June 27th 2006
Published: June 27th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone,

Well as you may have noticed we haven't added a blog in quite a while...and this is because we haven't been up to much...Just working and saving money so we can finish work at the end of this week for a while.

That's not to say, however, that we haven't been up to anything...

Just over a month ago it was my birthday. I got lots of champagne and a Bakewell Tart from the ladies at work and clothes from Wes (which is just what I needed!). Wes also took me out to dinner to a lovely Italian restaurant in town.

The weekend after that we went on a day trip around the Peak District, which is about an hour from where we live. It's gorgeous scenery! The perfect place for a picnic!

The weekend after we visited Ben and Caroline, (Wes' high school friend and his English wife) at Caroline's parent house in Empingham, Leicestershire. They're moving to Australia in a few weeks time, so it was nice to catch up with them before they go.

A few day later Lou and her dad came to visit and stayed for a night. It was good to catch up with Lou! We were lucky as we got to see her again about a week and half later, which was unexpected, but she had a change of hotel on her tour and ended up staying about 10 minutes from us!

Then the weekend after that we got engaged!! It happened on a beautiful summers day (of which there haven't been all that many...) at a picnic by the lake in Tatton Park (which is the local park/estate near us). And no, no plans as to dates yet. We have too much to think about before all that! Like travel!!

Then last weekend Mum and Dad arrived!!! It has been one of the most eagerly anticipated arrivals of the year! As it means it's finally time to finish work and start doing some travel! This week is our last week of work and then next Monday we're off to the Greek island of Corfu for a week. Then we're planning to visit Ireland, Wales and Cornwall with Mum and Dad before they go home and we head off on our camping trip around France and Italy et al!!

So it's all beginning
Picnic at Chatsworth HousePicnic at Chatsworth HousePicnic at Chatsworth House

This is where part of the movie version of Pride and Prejudice was filmed.
to happen here, so we may keep you inundated with blogs....We'll see if we have time!

Write back everyone!

Vic and Wes


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Wes with Ben and CarolineWes with Ben and Caroline
Wes with Ben and Caroline

Some of the houses in Empingham were very cute! This one had a thatched roof!
Vic and LouVic and Lou
Vic and Lou

It was early in the morning - my hair looks frightful I know!


27th June 2006

sends their warm congratulations
on your engagement - we wrote on your email, but it may not work - so here are our best wishes again! Love to you all - xxx
4th July 2006

congrats
Congratulations you guys. Cam and I are very happy for you! Love Michelle

Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0306s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb