We are alive!!!!!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Bristol County » Bristol
January 4th 2007
Published: January 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post


Hello again to everyone and a big new years hug to you all. Sorry to have not written for a few days but i can confirm that we are now safely home and snuggling into our own bed again. What a nightmare though!!!!

After two days on the computer and many phone calls to every airline that exists, we discovered that ther were only two flights left until Feb 10th, so we had to cut our losses and come home, which was a bit of a shame as the last part of the journey was to the Black Sheep in the central Andes, and not quite the same as the George Bush airport at Houston!!

But we are remaining philosophical and seeing it as an opening to go back there in the future and discover more of South America.

I'm going to cut it short as we've two million things left to do - including trying to get back compensation from Air Madrid, but I'll leave you all with a couple more photos and a fascinating list of things you can buy on a Continental Airlines journey to Houston;

- A plastic but all functioning children's ATM bank machine...."helps children learn money management..." one each for Caitlyn and Ethan, Harvey and Karen will appreciate that...

- A pop up hot dog machine...great to be back in the gourmet West again!

- A Portable (?!) ice rink (about 10 metres by 4 metres) for your back yard..great two of those please, much better than a spanish donkey

- portable wicker dog stairs... to help dogs with arthiritis be able to climb on your bed or couch....eerrmm...do you really want to make it easier

- and if yor dog has recovered from arthiritis than its all fun and games from here on in, as you can get flotation systems (read armbands, or should it be leg bands, dogs don't have arms do they?) for your dog to join you in the swimming pool, plus a personal dog swimming pool slide, so its all whoopee woo, budveisers all round for you and your pet.

So guys we really are glad to be back, now we know that all these essential items can be bought on airlines across the world, thee really is no need to travel any more, next time its airports and aeroplanes for us...we don't want any of that warm weather, great environmental diversity, indigenous culture with great arts, crafts and music...no giant turtles and blue footed boobies for us, oh no......

PS. note that there are videos that you can look at on this blog!


Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0389s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb