Maidenhead on the River Thames


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Berkshire » Maidenhead
March 22nd 2019
Published: March 22nd 2019
Edit Blog Post

Maidenhead is a lovely town on the River Thames in Berkshire, west of London. You pass through lovely villages and towns, as well as navigating very narrow lanes, just hoping that nought is coming the other way. On some roads, there was evidence of a horse float, but not towed by a car, rather like the size of a bus. One loves GPS Sat Navs and their short cuts (NOT).

Maidenhead has a lovely walk available beside the tidal influenced River Thames. Old and new boats as well as ones being repaired, maybe restored, are dotted along the banks of the River.


Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



25th March 2019

Thanks Phil and Jenny for reminding us just how beautiful the UK is
Greetings in Christ. A tad jealous but someone has to do it. Now that our free accommodation at "Putney Palace" is closed we will probably need to rely on photographic reminders! Trusting you have a wonderful time and quality catch up with family. Safe travels. Love from us both.
25th March 2019

Trip to UK
Thanks bro Adrian. This is our second trip this year. The first was a bit of an emergency when Belinda had a C-section birth. It was freezing then, but at least we are in double figures. Met at Watford a week ago and Ormskirk yesterday. Catch up with a sister near Chester tomorrow God Willing. A little over a week to go here and then Israel and Jordan with Alan Dennes tour. Trusting that you are both well. Much love in our hope, Phil (& Jenny)

Tot: 0.313s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 16; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0669s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb