Sculptural quest in Kyiv


Advertisement
Ukraine's flag
Europe » Ukraine » Kyiv
November 10th 2014
Published: November 10th 2014
Edit Blog Post

My loving Kyiv – full of beautiful parks, sightseeings, nice restaurants, happy people and a lot of “must do” and “must see” activities.

But! All of these seem to be ordinary if your soul is searching for adventure.

Autumn time…

There is still a summer smell in the air, but ebbing from day to day and you try to catch the last sun rays of that season, wearing a comfortable shoes, taking camera and going to play a quest along this yellow-green Kyiv streets.

It is not necessary to go to museums and galleries for looking some pieces of art, if you know streets, thay are near, under the sky and absolutely free!

I hasten to share my sculptural Kyiv...


"Unburned Match" (Author Vladimir Belokon', Artema Str., 37-41)



The main idea of this sculpture is to attract the public’s attention to felling of green spaces and environment pollution. The core of this sculpture is that in spite of destroying nature, it can alive even on burned land (a green branch on the match is a symbol of this idea).






"Staromack Restaurant" (Artema Str., 37-41)


The restaurant itself is a collection of unique objects and sculptures. There is a magic bench that unites people, funny exhibitions on political topics, old piano, balid. On weekends there are kitchen and art master classes for children






















"There once lived a dog" (Author Vladimir Zayets, Gonchara Str., 15/3)



It is a small part from the well-known cartoon where dog and wolf are sitting under the table. The sculpture is situated close to vegeterian restaurant. The upset faces of the main characters of the cartoon sympolize that there is no meat here and the day is unlucky…

Link to the cartoon:







"Ballerina" (Author K. Skretutskiy, Stretenskaya Str., 2)



The sculpture is made of wood and is set close to the house where a real ballerina lives.








"Hedgehog in the frog" (Author K. Skretutskiy, Reytarskaya Str., 2)


The sculpture is taken from a well-known cartoon that was recognized as the best cartoon in the world in 2003. The interesting fact is that the real name of sculpture is “Horse”, but not “Hedgehog” and it is explained by the author that he saw a horse in the cartoon.

Link to the cartoon:










“Scythian woman” (Author Vadim Kotlyarov, Zolotovorotskaya Str., 6)



This sculpture is made from a dead tree that is forbidden to uproot because of complecated root system that is why the sculptor has decided to give a second life to the tree and created such a nice piece of art at height of 3 meters.






“Panteleymon, the cat” (Idea Margarita Sichkar, Lysenko Str., 1)



There is a story behind this sculpture… A well-known restorator Margarita Sychkar has decided to take a cat in her restaurant “Pantagrual” that should be the pecularity of this place. She took the persian grey cat Pantusha that had become a popular member of the restaurant and gave a joy to all visitors. But unfortunatly a trategy happaned, during a fire in the restaurant the cat died. All visitors donated for construction and Margarita decided to set a sculpture to the cat opposite the restaurant.






“White crows hostel” (Author K. Skritutskiy, Gonchara Str., 32)



This art is made from a dead tree as well. Inside the tree there are several holes with a crow babies insude, but on the top of the tree there is a mother that protects her children.








“Mavka” (Author K.Skritutskiy, Chkalova park, Gonchara Street)



It is very interesting sculpture that is made inside the dead tree and combines the wood and gypsum in its creation.






“Dragonflies” (Author K.Skritutskiy, Chkalova park, Gonchara Street)



Here, in Chkalov park, between two dead trees there are two dragonflies. The wings are made from metal bars, eyes are made from metal balls, the rest of the sculpture are made from wood.








“Cat from plastic folks and spoons” (Author K. Skritutskiy, Zolotye vorota metro station)



Very funny sculpture which is made from disposable folks. The cat sits on the tree and looking at visitors of the numerous cafes situated right at the park.






“Coffee Cups” (Author K. Skritutskiy, park in Proreznaya)



“The place for warm communication”, two benches in the form of cups are waiting for the guests. The project was sponsored by Jacobs and the corporate colors are reflected in this image.




“Monument to intelligentsia” (Author K. Skritutskiy, Gonchara sq., entrance from Artema street)



The wonderful park with several sulptures that reflects the true Kyev inteleggent people that have sorrow fro all that is happening around. The sculpture wanted to underline the idea by comparing the berds that are in a “Red Book” with “dying” intelligensia in Kyiv. There is a lable in one of the sculptures “Intelligensia has dignity”












“Golden dogs” (Author Unknown, Peyzazhnaya alley, before stairs leading down to Vozdvizhenskiy)



Very funny sculpture will meet everyone if one passes the stairs down to Vozdvizhensky. Unfortunatly before the sculpture had another outlook, somebody decided to color it in the golden, that is considered to be the act of vandalizm.

Before




After










“Steydel Castle” (Author Unknown, Yaroslavov Val 1)



There is a long story behind this castle, that is interesting to open the eyes and see a balcon without walls. The castle is closed and does not function.




“Cartoon sculptures” (Author Unknown, Yaroslavov Val 21/20)



On the crossing of streets there are two sculptures from the well known cartoons. The objects are situated along the road and catch the eyes of walkers.








“Mother with baby” (Author Vlad Karatintsev, Reytarskaya Str., 21)





“Patriotic bicycle” (Author Unknown, Sagaydachnogo Str., 35)




Other art objects I have found during my “expidition”



Benches on benches (Passazh, Khreschatik)





“Free library” in the street. Unfortunatly, no books!





Extract from Gumilev’s poem. Poetic Kyiv?





Creative hatch





Everybody loves Apple!





Old boots can be useful!





Colourful sills!





Family home!





Under my Umbrella!





Google glasses?





Pencil bench





looks like on the clouds





Art house





New objects on Peyzazhnaya Alley











Macintosh from Lesha

Of course, it is not all, so I hope you like it and find useful, to be continued…

Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0446s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb