Rapperswil and coffee with Andreas


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland
November 12th 2013
Published: June 25th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 47.2266, 8.81844

We had agreed to meet Andreas, Stefan's brother for tea at his house. We decided to go to Rapperswil on the way and enjoy this medieval city. We packed a lunch and took the train to Rapperswil. It is located on Lake Zurich and is another beautiful city with mountains in the distance.

There is an old castle which houses a Polish museum situated atop a hill overlooking the city. One of the nice things about visiting this town is it is relatively free of tourists and so you can wander around without running into great hordes of people. The view down into the city lets you look at all the winding streets of the town.

We walked down from the castle, peeked in the church and headed back down to the harbor where we were going to have a cup of coffee. We passed a placed that was a place for pilgrims on the journey from Germany to the Spain pilgrimage.

Andreas met us at the Verikon train stop and we walked from there to his house. We climbed 153 steps up to the path that led to their house. We were above a vineyard taht evidently had been in his wife's family. There were still a few grapes on the vine but it was mainly just empty vines but a lovely view.

Andreas had fixed a lovely pastry with plum and apple and whipped cream. Had a nice visit and lovely coffee as well and back down to village to catch train to ferry back across the lake to the Zurich side. Had a quiet evening.



Additional photos below
Photos: 97, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0191s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb